HAVE A SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN IN REDDING: 13 THRILLING ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES
The Halloween season is upon us, and Redding has lots of thrilling activities in store for families this October! From picking pumpkins to visiting haunted houses, there are many ways to celebrate Halloween in Redding.
Read on for a list of the top Halloween events in Redding to get you into the spooky spirit!
Pick the Perfect Pumpkin
1. Head to Nash Ranch Pumpkin Patch to pick the perfect pumpkin! Ride ponies, explore bounce houses, and hop on the train for family-friendly fun. Open daily through October 31st from 11 am – 6 pm on weekdays and 10 AM – 6 PM on weekends.
2. For pumpkins galore, visit Hawes Historic Farms Fall Festival through October 27th. On weekdays from 12-5 PM, you can pick pumpkins for just $.59/lb. and enjoy gourds and squash too. Kids under 3 are free!
Get Creative – Paint a Pumpkin
3. Get creative with the whole family at a Pumpkin Paint Night on October 28th at 1 PM at Gather Downtown. Follow along step-by-step to create two 8′′x 8′′ acrylic pumpkin paintings on canvas. Bring a friend, a niece, or a date for a fun afternoon exploring your creative side. Celebrate fall with a guided activity to make two pumpkin art pieces. Take them home and enjoy the festive spirit. Gather provides all supplies, just make sure to wear appropriate clothing.
Trick or Treat Events
4. Enjoy trick or treating at Hawes Farms on October 28th from 12-5 PM.
5. Or head to Hilltop Diner’s Trunk or Treat event on October 27th from 5:30-7 PM with candy, costumes, cars, and music.
6. You can find more trick-or-treating fun at the Redding Farmer’s Market on October 28th from 7:30 AM – 12 PM. Enjoy pumpkin painting, live music, candy, and more.
Thrilling Haunted Houses in Redding
7. For the ultimate Halloween thrill, visit the Redding Haunted House at the Monolith through October 29th. This terrifying haunted attraction located near the Sheraton Hotel is one of the longest-running and scariest haunted houses in Redding. Tickets start at $15 online.
8. Or get your scare on at Hawes Haunts every Friday and Saturday evening in October. Experience the Field of Terror, The Unknown, Sinister Workshop, and try your hand at Zombie Slayer paintball if you dare!
Spooky Shows & Halloween Parties
9. Check out the Spooktacular Halloween Art Show at The Art Hunger in downtown Redding through November 2nd. Enjoy a juried costume contest at their Trick or Treat Party on October 27th from 5-9 PM.
10. Bring your costumed kids to Sweetspot’s new location at 12544 Hartnell Avenue on October 31 from 3-6PM for trick-or-treating, cupcake decorating, and a fang-tastic Halloween block party. Get in the spirit and join your neighbors for Sweetspot’s spookiest celebration yet with free cookies for costumed kids and festive $7 cupcake decorating kits.
11. The Redding Library is hosting a Children’s Spooky Night on October 27th from 7-9 PM. This event is specifically for children aged 5-12. They can enjoy spooky stories, games, and more!
More Halloween Fun
12. Don’t miss Mt. Shasta Mall’s Trick or Treat event on October 31st from 4-6 PM with candy at participating stores, geared for ages 12 & under. (No costume masks are allowed.)
13. Save the date for Shasta Halloween’s 2023 Boo Cruise on October 21st and 28th. Explore decorated homes and haunts with a live interactive map.
When you need a Halloween costume or supplies, swing by Spirit Halloween, Redding’s top costume store for the entire family.
With so many activities, Redding is the place to be this Halloween season!