May 17 @ 7:00 pm - May 20 @ 10:00 pm
REDDING RODEO 2023
Buckin’ by the River: 75th Diamond Anniversary Celebration
Join us for the 2023 Redding Rodeo, a cherished local tradition honoring the spirit of the American West. This year, we bring you an array of exciting events to commemorate our 75 years of tradition, camaraderie, and community service. Take a look at our packed schedule!
Redding Rodeo Schedule
- May 13th, 6-10 PM: Kick off the 75th Redding Rodeo with the Redding Rodeo Steak Feed and Dance. Enjoy a hearty cowboy meal of BBQ steak, cowboy beans, baked potato, salad, and bread while grooving to good music with friends.
- May 15th, 9-11 AM: Be part of our Special Kids Day, a 50-year-old program dedicated to our mentally and physically challenged friends. The Asphalt Cowboys and other affiliated clubs will provide horseback & wagon rides and rodeo clown performances, giving these amazing youngsters a chance to shine.
- May 16th, 5 PM: Witness history at the 1st Annual Redding Rodeo Hall of Fame Dinner, where we will induct our inaugural class who have significantly contributed to the Redding Rodeo’s success over the past 75 years. This sold-out event will honor the following inductees: John Balma, Sterling “Pete” Lambert, Ralph and Jeanne Mors, Lane Frost, Red Rock, and John Payne.
- May 17th, 7 PM: Get ready for an adrenaline rush at the Redding Rodeo Wednesday Extreme Bulls and Barrels. This action-packed night full of bull riders and barrels will officially kick off the 75th Annual Redding Rodeo!
- May 17th, 8PM: The Redding Rodeo is presenting the first Native American Day with an opening prayer by Radley David of the Pit River Tribe, and a welcome from the Redding Rancheria CEO, Tracy Edwards.
- May 18th, 7 PM: Bring the whole family to Redding Rodeo Thursday Family Night. Discounted kids tickets are available only through the box office, hours listed on the ticket page.
- May 19th, 10 AM-2 PM: The much-loved Chicks N Chaps is back in 2023.
- May 19th, 7 PM: Join us for Redding Rodeo Friday Tuff Enough To Wear Pink. Wear pink to help bring recognition to breast cancer awareness.
- May 20th, 10 AM: Don’t miss the Redding Rodeo Parade as it marches down the streets of Redding.
- May 20th, 7 PM: We conclude the festivities with the Redding Rodeo Saturday Armed Forces Night, a heartfelt tribute to our brave soldiers.
Come and be a part of the Buckin’ by the River celebration, as we remember the past, cherish the present, and look forward to another 75 years of the Redding Rodeo.